Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Was supposed to be a good day

Today was supposed to be a good day. I resolve my memo a bit with a meeting with my writing Prof. I conversed with a professor about music, traveling, and "the scene" in the Chi (talked about the Hothouse and some shows there). She actually knew what I was talking about when I mentioned Bad Boy Bill and Marshall Jefferson (not that I was surprised considering where she was from). And she mentioned EBTG (thought they came to a nearby venue, but it was BNH, I told her, I would have dropped everything, class, studying to go see EBTG and hangout with Tracey and Ben), and she agreed that Walking Wounded is one of the best albums post 1990. We got on the subject discussing Gnarls Barkley, which she admits made some awful material. No one at the school, can relate on that level. I was like we're cool now, right, after she mentioned EBTG, one of my favorites of all time.

so, my day was going ok, Con Law got cancelled. Then, when I came home, something about 7 years ago from another state came home to bite my ass. It took the wind out of my sails, and wasted about an hour of my time. Still made headway on Con Law outline, though not much else. I hate this shit, there is never enough time for anything. Law school, I can't stand it.

But a few Mike Tyson sound bites re-brightened up my day. "I'm maybe very bizzare sometimes, but I'm very rational." Classic

No comments: