Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I had to for sanity (two prepositions in a row)

You see, law school, is one of those things. Its like broccoli, listening to classical music, underground hip-hop, and appreciating James Joyce and Ernest Hemingway -- you know you should do it, put in time, but it ain't fun, it ain't enjoyable, and the whole thing is so damn underwhelming that you want to say fuck it. (Fuck it.) But you really can't ...even though I just did. So after dinner, (late dinner), instead of getting right back into my outline --- I ......

....I went on You Tube and searched out my favorite early 1990's songs and videos. I still can't believe Jeff Redd didn't blow up. And yes, Intro's debut in 1993 is my favorite R&B/soul album (Midnight Maurauders and Amplified Heart are not R&B/Soul) from 1989 to 1996. I searched for obscure Japanese jazz and my favorite club in the world (yes, its on You Tube), and I nearly lost it when I saw a clip of my man, Toshi performing live in 2000 (yes, I was there). As you can see it took awhile on You Tube. A waste of time? Sure, I mean would Kevin Maxwell go on You Tube, nah, he's probably outlining for 7 hours (down from 10 hours he did as a 1L) and preparing for his callback interviews (he has to get at least three call backs if he has over 15 interviews), but for me it provided some sanity. And proved that yes, at one point in my life, I lived. And at one point in my life I was almost as cool as a Japanese college student studying in Philly. ..Almost.

Now, I'm in this thing called Law School. Those days of soulful clubs, soulful people, and traveling with (and without) moving are gone forever.

Damn, I missed you.

1 comment:

Loanna Beek said...

you can say 'fuck it.' fuck it. but it could end up getting you kicked out. and readmitted but that's beside the point.

fuck it. say it with me now. fuck it.

try using incomplete sentences and misusing the phrase 'bona fide.' it's a good start on the road to 'fuck it.'